Stuttmeisters Expelled From Belmont

Odd Fellows Cemetery, San Francisco: Removal

Workers commence removal of ‘Odd Fellows’ remains. Note fence constructed to keep work from easy view. All of the headstones shown here, would have been discarded as no one had claimed them.

Odd Fellows Cemetery, San Francisco: Removal – Odd Fellows Cemetery – Colma

I tried to plant the history of my Stuttmeister relatives in Belmont, next to their kin, the Jankes – the Founders of Belmont – but was met with the most outrageous onslaught of lies and hostility from the Belmont Historical Society, in particular, Cynthia Karpa McCarthy, who said this in response to my shock that she was removing my historic posts, and, limiting them by falsely stating that was a facebook rule I was not obeying. Not once was I greeted with kindness, and thanked for my contributions.

We are related to historic people somewhere.

(2) Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA | Facebook

““The Belmont Historical Society Facebook page features posts and information pertaining to Belmont, San Mateo County, California and its history. Everyone is encouraged to send us messages. We will review the content for its interest to our followers.”

Yesterday, the Mayor of Belmont EVICTED the photographs of my Janke and Stuttmeister Ancestors taken in the family crypt in Cypress Hill. My people used to be buried at the Oddfellow cemetery. I invited the citizens of Belmont to come visit their founders. I expressed anger at being treated as a unwelcome hostile outsider, and suggested this would make a great Netflix movie or series. Bam! We were out of there again! I can not post on the Mayor’s facebook, or the BHS facebook. There exist at least one movie script about my famous sister. I was looking to get funding for a gallery in Crockett where our grandfather lived. This city wants our history. A film crew may come to Belmont and this is a good thing for any city – but Belmont!

What I think is motivating Cynthia – IS BOOK SALES – out of a City Historic Society. She checked out my blog I posted, and saw – I WAS GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE! She did not want SUCKERS coming to her BHS, and, getting their fill – FOR FREE – and then some! Can you see me wandering into the Belmont Sea Wharf wearing my captain’s hat.

“That’s him. The descendant of the Jankes – and real Bohemians! Oh look, he’s pulling out a poem!”

I used to stay the summers in San Mateo with my Uncle Jim and Aunt Bonnie. They moved to Tiberon after they bought Sam’s Anchor Cafe. They had the Keens over for dinner. Now, any investor who wants to start a Bohemian-like restaurant in Belmont, is going to love my family history. Why not the Mayor?

Rosamond Publishing – About the Artist

Close Your Big Eyes – Bitch! | Rosamond Press

I Sued A Getty – And Won! | Rosamond Press

The Royal Crockett Gallery | Rosamond Press

Here is Cynthia poo-pooing my contributions.. When she used “copyright” I googled her and discovered she had written a book about Belmont, and members of my family. Why didn’t she tell me? I had posted a picture of William A. Janke I took from her book years ago. She said said something like…I see you found a copy of our book. Would you like us to send you a copy. I replied “Yes.” She did not say anything when she saw the photo of his name in OUR FAMILY crypt. William Janke and his sister were evicted from their graves. Dr. William O. Stuttmeister bought our family crypt, and replanted them.

Here is the Hostile Belmont Historia…

“We are related to historic people somewhere.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AM

There’s no competition, for Pete’s sake.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AM

Maybe your friend the editor can explain copyright to you.

I just finished therapy due to what I read in my sister’s biography. Her daughter was crying on the phone about the evil things said about her mother by another hired ghost writer that is exploiting my family. I am going to talk to an attorney. I was blamed for my childhood friends suicide. The author, Thomas Pynchon, is in the Janke-Stuttmeister family tree, as if my grandfather, Royal Rosamond.

Miss Cynthia is holding court over at the BHS, she back in the Tiny Limelight she enjoyed – until I came along. She reposts a teeny ditty about the Grateful Dead, then struts around like Mussolini. I told my dear friend Nancy Hamren not to read that evil bio about Christine. She loved Bill, dearly, and compared her good friend, Ken Kesey to him.

Nancy’s Yogurt Saves the World | Rosamond Press

Blamed For Bill’s Suicide | Rosamond Press

Thomas Pynchon and I | Rosamond Press

Bill Arney, Hammett, Royal Rosamond | Rosamond Press

Before The Wave – There Was An Ocean Of Lies | Rosamond Press

President: Royal Rosamond Presss

braskewitz@yahoo.com

Meredith (“Mark”) Gall: Vita (uoregon.edu)

What this jealous monster did not like was the photographs of my world famous sister and her art gallery in Carmel. I showed the Historic Society Christine Rosamond Benton’s biography, and her husbands artwork at the Getty Villa. I took these things down – fearing Cynthia would take everything down! I made the mistake of apologizing to her. I just wanted some EVIDENCE ad a link, to exist in the city my family founded.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 11:02 AM

You were advised that any further threats, accusation or name-calling would result in your being blocked from this page. I have not read your newspaper nore do I intend to. Your posts have been subject to the same review as anyone else’s. Again, this is Cynthia Karpa McCarthy, not the president or any other officer of BHS. Please blame me entirely.

Here is my friend Mark Gall.

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 12:54:42 AM PST, Mark Gall wrote:

I looked at your post. It’s rather complex and about matters that only insiders are likely to be able to follow. It seems to me that the woman should not be deleting your posts.

I noticed the Images of America cover in your post. This is a wonderful series of books. I have 3 of them about San Francisco: Visitacion Valley where I spent my childhood, Portola Valley where I went to parochial school, and The Theatres of San Francisco. I bought the one about Eugene Oregon and another one about Summit Illinois where Joy grew up.

Meredith (“Mark”) Gall: Vita (uoregon.edu)

EDUCATION

University of California at Berkeley. Psychology. Ph.D., 1968.

Harvard School of Education. Developmental Psychology. Ed.M., 1963.

Harvard University. English. A.B., 1963.

PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT

1975 to present. University of Oregon, College of Education: Department of Educational Leadership, Technology, and Administration (DELTA). Associate professor, 1975-1980; Professor, 1980-2000. Retired Professor with reduced FTE appointment, 2000 to present.

• Director of Graduate Studies in DELTA. 1997 to 1998.
  • Co-Director of Middle-Secondary Teacher Licensure Program. 1998-2000.
  • Director of Foreign Language Teaching License Program. 1992-1996.
  • Director of Graduate Programs in Curriculum and Instruction, 1977- 1980, 1989-1991.
  • Director of Summer Program in Teaching Skills, 1982-1992.
  • Department of Educational Psychology, Adjunct professor, 1975 -1982.Graduate instruction: staff development; research methods; instructional systems design; questioning strategies; study skills instruction; curriculum materials selection.Preservice teacher instruction: teaching strategies for middle-school and secondary teachers; student teacher supervision.

1968-1974. Far West Laboratory for Educational Research and Development; San Francisco, California. Senior program associate.

• Unit director of research projects investigating effects of teacher behavior on student achievement.
  • Team director for development of teacher education minicourses: supervision of materials production, field testing, and technical reporting.
  • Manager of contracts with outside agencies to conduct independent evaluations of teacher education minicourses.

1966-1967. University of California Counseling Center at Berkeley. Counseling psychologist: counseling, testing, research.

1965-1966. San Francisco Veterans Administration Hospital. Clinical psychologist: therapy, testing.

1964-1965. University of California at Berkeley, Psychology Department. Graduate teaching assistant.

The Jealous Historical Society | Rosamond Press

The Jealous Historical Society

Posted on February 28, 2021 by Royal Rosamond Press

Dear Mr. Mayor;

Someone on the Belmont Historical Society suggested I have violated their copyright, by posting an image of William Janke, who may be in a family photograph this is posted on their facebook page. About twelve of my posts have been removed, which alarms me, because I offer NEW family information – that could be used without my permission! Being related this famous family does not rate with this clic who are described as “we”. To be invited by an origination connected with the City of Belmont, to contribute your family history, then be treated like you are a outsider and parasite – is outrageous! This goes against the tradition of other Historical Societies – who encourage descendant of famous people to contribute – because there is no telling what they have, or, if they are going to put that Society in their will. I demand a full investigation. I would like to see your bi-laws.

• Someone on the Belmont Historical Society suggested I have violated their copyright, by posting an image of William Janke, who may be in a family photograph this is posted on their facebook page. About twelve of my posts have been removed, which alarms me, because I offer NEW family information – that could be used without my permission! Being related this famous does not rate with this clic who are described as “we”. To be invited by an origination connected with the City of Belmont, to contribute your family history, then be treated like you are a outsider and parasite – is outrageous! This goes against the tradition of other Historical societies – who encourage descendant of famous people to contribute – because there is not telling what they have, or if they are going to put that Society in their will. I demand a full investigation. I would like to see your bi-laws.

President: Royal Rosamond Press

braskewitz@yahoo.com

Here is Cynthia guarding her small town from an outsider whose family made most of Belmont’s history. It boggles the mind! Surely progressive investors are grateful for the warning. I live in Sprigfield Oregon that has been called Springtucky. How about Belabama?

“We are related to historic people somewhere.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AM

There’s no competition, for Pete’s sake.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AM

Maybe your friend the editor can explain copyright to you.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AM

Everyone is related to “historic people.”

(2) Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA | Facebook

My name is Cynthia McCarthy and you can blame me and me alone, not the Belmont Historical Society. You can email me at cgkmccarthy@gmail.com.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 11:02 AM

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 8:03 AM

Cipriani describes himself as Florentine in his diaries even though he was from Corsica. He recounts meeting another Italian speaker in Nevada and tells him he’s “Florentine, thank God!” Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 8:03 AM One of the photos and captions is from the book I wrote. I am not certain if you think much of this information is mew to us.

Where are my posts? I just read this on your page. I am compelled to write an article on my blog-newspaper – for the arts – about your harassment and oppression of my CONNECTION to MY family history – that irks you – because you think you own MY family information. WE are not related. To hint I am violating your copyright, is harassment. I want your name. Here is your chance to make clear to the People of Belmont, why you are censoring information THEY may find interesting and revelent. That you allow a post of a Hollywood actress, who just went to school in Belmont, goes against the criteria you apply to me that is TOO SPECIAL. I suspect you don’t like other things I wrote about on my newspaper and are electing yourself to be a police force.

We have an automatic reply set that says we will respond as soon as we can.

You sent February 25 at 9:21 AM

Thanks. Sorry

8:01 AM

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA is responding to a comment you made on their Page. View comment.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 8:03 AM

Cipriani describes himself as Florentine in his diaries even though he was from Corsica. He recounts meeting another Italian speaker in Nevada and tells him he’s “Florentine, thank God!”Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 8:03 AMOne of the photos snd captions is from the book I wrote. I am not certain if you think much of this information is mew to us.

You sent Today at 8:44 AM

What are you suggesting? Who is us? The Janke family is MY family not your family. Millions of families brag on their family history no matter how mundane. This is all I am doing. I did not come to battle with volenteers who I thought would be glad to hear from descendants of the Founder of Belmont. I thought MY history was being rejected as it was twenty years ago by kin of your famous cop who controlled the city history. I never encountered the way you set up your facebook group and assumed the worst and appologised. I even removed post to show I am not at war with a group of volunteers who may be working on books and have written books. I know being related to historic people gives me an advantage. The Benton’s are kin to the Bonaparte family that Cipriani had extensive relationship with.

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 8:44 AM

Greeting! Thanks Greg for your message. We are not here right now, but we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. We are a small organization with a handful of volunteers. Thank you for your patience.

You sent Today at 8:53 AM

New to us? I don’t get this statement. I can get the opinion of a professional writer as to what he makes of this. You may be treating me as a outsider a author who thinks he is in competition with you

You sent Today at 9:00 AM

Here is my good friend, Mark Gall. For 25 years we have discussed out family history. He grew up in Hunter’s Point and will be in my book. Our mutual friend also went to Harvard and wrote a Eisenhower bio. He was an editor for Double Day. How long has each member of the Belmont Society been volunteering to gather my family history? Thank you for the good job you have done. https://pages.uoregon.edu/mgall/vita.htm

We are related to historic people somewhere.Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AMThere’s no competition, for Pete’s sake.Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AMMaybe your friend the editor can explain copyright to you.Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:39 AMEveryone is related to “historic people.”

You sent Today at 9:50 AM

Are you suggesting I am violating YOUR copyright, or, a group’s copyright? I just want to make sure. There is strong evidence that MY family has been collecting OUR history for hundreds of years. Here is the proof the Benton family is kin to the Bonaparte family who were close friends of Cipriani. My famous artist sister married the artist, Garth Benton, the cousin of the artist Thomas Hart Benton. My niece Drew Benton is an artist, and so am I. This constitutes a artistic dynasty – when you include my mother’s cousin, the actress Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Benton-1403Zebulon Howell Benton (1811-1893) | WikiTree FREE Family Treewikitree.com

Belmont Historical Society, Belmont, CA sent Today at 9:51 AM

Sir, our organization is interested solely in Belmont. Best of luck with your endeavors.

You sent Today at 10:00 AM

Are you suggesting that if Harry Truman was born in Belmont, you would exclude the fact he was President? The Bonapartes were world famous and were preparing to invade California and had extensive dealings with Cipriani who they may have been trying to employ in their designs on U.S. Territory. Did Cipriani live in Belmont? You brought his name up in our chit-chat. It appears you are preparing to get me banned from your facebook. You appear to be setting me up. Are you saying I can not post on the Palace Hotel that Ralston built – outside Belmont city LIMITS? You are trying to LIMIT me. I wonder if other city history originations do this.

You sent Today at 10:04 AM

I would like to see a copy of your bi-laws, that should suggest YOU encourage people to contribute THEIR history. It looks like you are DISCOURAGING me.

As of 10:20 P.M. on 2/25/21 these posts are up.

I subscribe to the ideas of Richard Florida who says creative people and investors want to be a part of a progressive, tolerant, and open Bohemian lifestyle. They do not want to move to a place that is closed and claimed by the locals who don’t trust outsiders. https://www.theguardian.com/…/gentrification-richard…

No photo description available.
  • Cynthia Karpa McCarthyPlease be advised that further threats, accusations or name-calling will result in your being blocked from the page. Thank you.
    •  · 20h
  • Greg PrescoI apologize.

Blatant Racism In Belmont

Posted on March 1, 2021 by Royal Rosamond Press

Janke and Turner Abolitionists | Rosamond Press

Ed Howard | Facebook

Above is my first post made on Feb. 25. Ed Howard had just told me he saw the new Black Panther movie. I told my fellow historian on Feb. 24 I was going for a grant. Here is Cynthia’s book on Belmont published in 2014. She must have found my family history on the internet. She says there is no competition, but she was Gaslighting me. I made copies of our posts – and caught her mentally torturing’ me, accursing me of abusing her. I have seen her act before.

Belmont (Images of America): McCarthy, Cynthia Karpa: 9781467131353: Amazon.com: Books

The oppression of my family history in the Belmont Historical Society I believe is racially motivated. My first posts were about Turnverein Germans, and Forty-Eighters who founded the Republican Abolitionist Party and fought Confederate Traitors to free slaves. This is the main reason I got in trouble because the white folks of Belmont want their city to remain a white enclave, and not have a direct descendant of the founder if Belmont, put his history in my back pocket -to do with it what I will. This is a new brand of Fascism, where any white sympathizer of black causes, is MARKED as a undesirable, their history erased, and then they are publicly SHAMED? What kind of attorney will hand my suit? This is hardly the kind of treatment one would expect when asked to contribute your history.

I came to the Belmont Historical Society via my friend, Ed Howard, and my therapist who treated ne for PTSD. I promised to start promoting myself. I have been promoting Ed Howard’s history of Oakland because we were born in Oakland. The four Presco Children were raised by a black maid who took Christine home with her to share her with her three sisters who had been maids in mansions in Mississippi. Then came the call for ship workers in Marin.

I posted Rosamond’s painting ‘Lena And Her Sister’s and it was taken down. Ed’s brother was going to drive me to the Naval cemetery to see my parents who served. My two siblings went over to the dark side when a outsider bought my families creative legacy, and they did not tell me my father was dead, and, my other was dying, My brother is a racist neo-Nazi who also descends from Carl Janke and William Stuttmeister, two men who lived in Belmont. I thought I would establish my history on a Belmont site, and then apply for several grants, that would help Ed and I preserve the history of Oakland, and our families. Is this the history Bemont wants….

Politically Incorrect Iconoclast (mbpresco.blogspot.com)

I began to wonder if racism was their motive when after I posted on my famous sister, then on our cousin, Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor, I got no response. It was hard to believe. THEY did not want these famous white people backing black people – especially when they are kin to my family members they captured, and made them THEIR prisoners. They took my posts and information – HOSTAGE!

Above is Liz Taylor in the movie Sandpipers. She looks just like the great granddaughter of Augustus Janke. I am convinced THEY were going to rip-off much of my posts, write another book, and laugh all the way to te bank. I can hear them sniggering as they used facebook for racist purpose’s.

John Presco’