Templar Shroud of Fontenotte

Here are images of Knight Templars who might have seen The Holy Shroud of Turin. I am calling for a New Reformation that will ground its roots at Fontenotte. We need a United Religion designed to stand its ground and take on New World Enemies.

John Presco

 

In this church, near the western gateway, you will first find the tombstone of Etienne de Til-Châtel , lord of Pichanges and Chapelain of the Templar Commandery of Fontenotte, buried in 1271.
He is the fifth son of Gui II of Til-Châtel (1180-1241) and Guillemette of Bourbonne, Lady of Coublant.
On the tombstone we can read:
“Who gist or cymetere are brothers of the Chevalerie Dou Temple of Fontenottes near Trichasteaul.
This funerary stone is a molding of the original stone found in the Chapel of the Sheepfold, at the Rente Saint Joseph on the heights of Dijon.
(see GC6GQQK: TTBERG On the trail of the Knights Templar – La Bergerie)

Thanks to the engraving of this stone, we know the dress of a Chaplain of the Order for a ritual.

On the other side of the door is the nephew of Etienne, Guy III of Til-Châtel , Knight Templar, Lord of Til-Châtel and Pichanges, Gonfalonnier of Franche-Comté, and Archdeacon of Tonnerois in the church of Langres.
On the tombstone we can read:
“Cigit.messires.Gui.sires.de.Trichatel.qui.trespassa.lan.grace … of.mois.doctouvre.priez.for.lame.li.

This tomb with its green traces of moss is the subject of an old tradition: the original stone would be that of St. Margaret, and as it is often wet because of its porosity, it is said that the saint cries.

Rougemont Family Templars Worshipped at Fontenotte and owned the Shroud of Turin.

The First Preceptor of La Fontenotte

My mother’s maiden name has been traced to Rougemont who appear to have ties to the Windsors, thus much of the royalty of Europe.  I am sharing this discovery with Robert Sinclair, and Ben Toney, who may be related to the Robert de Ros who lived in Belvoir castle that belonged to the House of Toney.

Because the world is going mad, and in order to strengthen Britain and recreated a European Union co-founded by Denis de Rougemont, I revive the order of Knight Templars, whom the Sinclairs are now tied via Anges de Toney.

Alexandre, and Francois de Rougemont are buried with Knight Templars as Til-Chatel. Gui 1er de Rougemont married Etinnette de Ruffey. Here are the Seigneur de Til-Chatel. Guy 2 de Rougemont Thibaut V de Rougemont 1306-1333 Guillaume de Rougemont Humbert de Rougemont married Alix Neufchatel Aymon 2 (Aimon) de Rougemont married Guillemette de Ray daughter of Othon de La Roche, owner of the Shroud of Turin. Thibaut V1 de Rougemont father of Catherine de Rougemont who married Jean de Neufchatel the son of Margarita de Castro e Souza from who the Windsors descend.

The fifth son of Guy II of Rougemont and Guillemette de Coublant,
Etienne de Rougemont was lord of Pichanges. In December 1265, having
recalled the donations made to the temple by Aimon IV and Guy II, he
gave to the Templars, with the agreement of his elder brother, Jean,
Lord of Rougemont, the right of pasturage on his lands of Pichanges
and Spoy. He died in 1271 and was buried before the altar in the
chapel of Fontenotte and conferring his Templar rank of Preceptor
(priest-templar).

After the death of Etienne, Jean de Til-Chatel had to confirm in 1274
the rights of the Templars over Fontenotte. In 1278 his younger
brother, Guy, who had been curate of Til-Chatel in 1242 then
archdeacon of Le Tonnerois in the church of Langres, succeeded him at
the head of the lordship of Pichanges.

In May, 1274, Jean de Rougemont, Marshal of Burgundy legally
recorded “for the repose of his soul and that of his elder brother,
Etienne de Rougemont, who lies in the cemetery of the said Temple,
and of the souls of his forebears”, granted to Henri de Dole,
Commander of the House of Fontenotte:”

http://tinyurl.com/ycfnto

I have found a Hughes/Hue de Rougemont who a “grand maître du
Temple”in two accounts, and the maître du Temple of Burgundy in
another.This Hugues appears to be related to Humbert de Villersexel
who wasthe Lord of Rougemont and Til-Chatel. Is this the Hughes that
preceeded Bernard de Tramelay/Dramelay? Did this Hugues come after
Bernard. In the Fromond/Dramelay genealogy we find a line of De La
Roches, and thus the Rougemonts are kin to another Templar Grand
Master, Amaury de La Roche.

Jon Presco

Copyright 2016

http://rougeknights.blogspot.com/

Today I found the Templar Chapel of Fontenotte where the Rougemont
family of Knights Templar worshipped.

http://www.petit-patrimoine.com/fiche-petit-patrimoine.php?

Hugues III donated his land of Fontenotte to the Knights Templar, to ensure the repose of his soul.
These built a commandery including this chapel dedicated to St Petronilla and St Peregrine.
When the order of the Temple was abolished in 1311, the estate of Fontenotte was administered by farmers until the Revolution and sold as a national property.
Became farm, managed by its owners until 1971, (Latour family) buildings and land were sold separately.
In 1960 thanks to Abbot Henri Latour the chapel was saved, dismounted stone by stone, after a journey of about forty kilometers, everything was reassembled in the walls of the sheepfold, on the heights of Dijon.
The chapel back to the place called “La Bergerie” is accessible from Dijon, taking the Avenue Eiffel, out of Dijon and continue on the D 108 G, the chapel is on the left, signposting “Bergerie”, very easy access. From Corcelles-les-Monts, take the D 108 G direction Dijon and continue to the entrance of this city, the chapel visible is on the right just before entering Dijon (chemin de la Rente St Joseph).

Le marchand de vin / époque gallo-romaine IIe-IIIe siècles
Provenance : Til-Châtel / Musée archéologique de Dijon

origin

The village, located on the way Agrippa between Langres (Andemantuno) and Chalon (Cabillione) is mentioned on the map of Peutinger in the year 230 CE under the name of Filena on the river Tille.
Historians consider that it was probably a locality of great importance, at least strategic, Dijon (Divio) is not mentioned.

Father Vignier who had consulted the texts of Claudian wrote during the 17th century that there existed during the Roman occupation a location called La Motte Ronde, located in the bottom of the village constituting a Castrum along the way Agrippa, which allowed to monitor both the river and the road.
It was bounded by Aval Street, Coupé Street and the alley of the Reculée.

The excavations that were carried out in this perimeter allowed to update many vestiges, statues, funerary steles and coins dating from the time of the Roman occupation.
At the time, a channel 2 meters wide by 1.5 deep to navigate flat-bottomed boats, connected the bridge on the Tille to a place called Ogne, located between Til-Châtel and Lux ​​where excavations in the 1980s to 1992 confirmed the existence of a group of buildings occupying a site of approximately 9 hectares which could be, according to René Goguey who led the excavations, a set of warehouses linked to the river navigation where were gathered the grains from the Bassigny destined to the food of Rome.

Later, around the year 264 stands the martyrdom of Saint Florent patron of the village church. The Abbé Roussel tells that the invaders from northern Europe, commanded by Chrocus, after having ravaged Langres and massacred Saint Didier bishop of that city, stopped at Tilae Castrum (Castrum ad Tillam) as the village was then called .
They met there a Christian named Florent, son of the governor of Castrum whom they made prisoner and with whom they wanted to make abjure his faith. At his refusal they decapitated him with a plow. Her head rolled in the river Tille where, carried by the current, she was dragged to Barbe Island on the Saone near Lyons where she was kept in the church of Saint-Martin. As for Florent, his relics exposed in the church are at the origin of many miracles. Ogne and Castrum were destroyed during an invasion after the year 400.

Around 407, the kingdom of Burgundy was created by Gondicaire, barbarian Christian leader from across the Rhine that ended the Roman occupation.
We do not know what is happening in the village until the year 801. At that time it was dependent on the bishop of Langres Betto, who that year, concedes the church of Tilicastro and his income to the Augustinians of Saint Etienne de Dijon. Since that date, the name of the village is written according to the mood of the scribes and the language used, Latin or French, Tylicastrum, Trichastel, Trichâteau, Trichâtel, Tilchastel, Tréchâteau, and finally Til-Châtel in 1860, after being called Mont-sur-Tille during the revolutionary period.

The Lords

Reporting to the bishop of Langres, they originated from an Audon I of Til-Châtel, son of Garnier Count of Troyes attested in 918 by his signature in an act of the Duke of Burgundy Richard.
This family, which carried as a coat of arms a key in pal, also paid tribute to the dukes of Burgundy. She held a high rank among the lords of the duchy and county of Burgundy. Its members who contracted prestigious alliances followed one another from father to son until the year 1299 when Isabelle de Rochefort, daughter of Gaucher de Rochefort lord of Puiset in Beauce, widow of Guy III of Til-Châtel Gonfalonier of the County of Burgundy, became lady of Til-Chatel. She remarried with Humbert de Rougemont around 1306 and married her daughter Jeanne whom she had with Guy III of Til-Châtel to Thiébaud de Rougemont son of a first marriage of his new husband. The lordship then passes into this family until the end of the 15th century when the last of the Rougemont, having no children, ceded the seigneury to Antoine de Baissey from a family of Montsaugeonnais who immediately paid tribute to the bishop of Langres. At the same time, Isabelle de Til-Châtel, Guy III’s half-sister, married Guillaume de Grancey, to whom she brought Gemeaux, Pichanges and Selongey dowries, reducing the possessions of the Til-Châtel family, which , lost a significant part of its luster.

In 1618, having no descendants, the last of the Baissey left the land of Til-Châtel to his uterine brother Erard du Châtelet who called her marquisate and gave it to her son Antoine. Put in decree for settlement of its debts it was acquired in 1663 by the baron of Housset, in turn put in decree in 1685. It was then bought by his widow Marie d’Aguesseau which in 1703 made gift to her niece Catherine d Aguesseau married to Charles Marie de Saulx, Count of Tavannes whose descendants possessed Til-Chatel until the revolution.

The village

It consists of several parts:

– The town

situated in the upper part of the village bounded by the Rue de la Charme in the east, the Barrière in the south, the Bourg and the Derrière lane to the west and by the Côte au nord. Inside the village there was the church and priory now disappeared, the Rue des Pieds Ferret and the Rue du Château which led to the fortress built at the top of the hill dominating the village and the valleys of the Tille and the Ignon. At the time of its splendor, it contained two large belt ditches with double drawbridges and several towers. Today only remains the door of this castle transformed into a dwelling. The rue aux Apports linked the village to the Agrippa way and to the village which had gradually been built on the edge of it.

– The village

stretched along the edge of the way Agrippa where from the 12th century was built the Notre-Dame chapel around which a House-Dieu hospital and its dependencies had come to settle. Sold as a national good in the revolutionary period, these buildings remain and we can see part of the Place du Tertre and rue de l’Hôpital. Other more recent constructions remain, notably of Renaissance period. Going down the Aval street you pass the reach on which various mills existed and we reached the site of the former Castrum that was mentioned above. Beyond the river at the exit of the village the site of the Maladrerie where the lepers were received and treated remains, but there are no visible remains. The village today has more than 800 inhabitants, it has spread towards Langres in the north, the Forge in the northeast, Lux in the east and Marcilly in the west.

– The Saint-Florent church

Located near the castle on the spur overlooking the village, we saw above that it was mentioned in the year 801 in a charter of Betto, bishop of Langres who conceded the benefits to the abbey of Saint Etienne de Dijon . During the following centuries, it received numerous donations and was enlarged in the eleventh and twelfth centuries, access to the church which included only a short nave being done by the southern portal decorated with a tympanum representing a Christ in majesty surrounded by four angels bearing the mark of the sculptor Pierre de Dijon.
Towards the end of the 12th century, the nave was enlarged, giving this Romanesque church its present appearance. The large west portal surmounted by a semi circular archivolt developing 5 rollers whose ends rest on each side on as many rolls crowning fine round columns, all different.

This arcade surrounds a tympanum representing Christ seated, treading under foot the symbol of sin and surrounded by animals symbolizing the four evangelists.

During this work on May 15, 1146, the workers discovered a stone coffin containing a skeleton.

According to the legend, one of them, named Remy, who manipulated without respect this body fell backwards and remained paralyzed, his comrades had the idea to take him to the altar of Saint Florent where the mason, having confessed his fault was cured. The crowd shouted to the miracle and a child exclaimed “Honoratus”, this name was given to the holy contained in the tomb which was placed in the southern part of the transept. Subsequently several miracles occurred and Honoré designated as the second patron of the church.
A carved and painted wooden frame recalls its legend.

Over the centuries, many repairs or consolidation work was done in the church. During the nineteenth century it was in poor condition and at the request of Viollet-le-Duc a major restoration campaign was undertaken in the years 1868-1869. It was led by his son Maurice Uradou who put the church in its current state and saved the essentials, including the general architecture and the remarkable capitals.

We will not describe it here. Note, however, that besides the reliquaries of the patron saints, it contains a god of pity carved wood of the eleventh century, a wooden calvary of the seventeenth century, a triptych painted on wood offered by Jehan Morelet signed by T. Claudon, many funerary slabs including that of Gui III Til-Châtel dated 1240, baptismal fonts of the twelfth century octagonal and several fragments of murals that would have been made from the fifteenth to the seventeenth century.

– Fontenotte

Located on the way Agrippa 2 km towards Dijon, this area, ancient Roman villa had several sources, one of which was connected site of Ogne by a pipe whose remains were found during the excavations carried out on this site .

In 1170, Aimon IV or Amé, lord of Til-Châtel, leaving for the crusade gave the Templars Fontenotte and all its territory to ensure the rest of his soul.

A Templar commandery, dependent on that of Bure was then built.
It was built around a central courtyard with various residential buildings, shed, barn, stables building square, tower, a chapel dedicated to St. Petronilla and a fence wall.
It benefited throughout the centuries of numerous donations and when the suppression of the order of the Temple in 1311 was attributed to the order of Malta. From then on, the estate of Fontenotte was administered by farmers until the Revolution.
At that time, the estate was sold as a national asset.
It became an agricultural operation and was administered by its owners, either directly or as a tenant, until 1971. At that date it was sold, the buildings and lands being sold separately.

In the 1960s, the chapel was dismantled by the priest Henri Latour, then pastor of Saint-Pierre in Dijon, son of the owner and back in the grounds of the field of Sheep in Corcelles les Monts.

A casting of the tombstone of Etienne de Til-Châtel was made, it is visible in the church Saint-Florent.

On the Trace of the Knights Templar, here we are at the Commanderie de Fontenotte.

 

Close to Til-Châtel, on the road from Dijon to Langres, still stands an old Templar farm called “Fontenotte”

Before leaving for a crusade in the Holy Land, where he accompanied the Duke of Burgundy Hugues III, Aimon IV or Amé, lord of Til-Châtel, donated Fontenotte’s farm to the knights of the Temple “for the repose of his soul”.
The Templars thus receive around 1170 the enjoyment of a vast domain,
“The use on all his land so much in wood as in water and pasture”, that they affiliate with the commandery of Bure.

The monk-soldiers also obtain grazing rights to Pichanges and Spoy from a certain Etienne, lord of Pichanges, fifth son of Gui II of Til-Chatel and Guillemette de Coublant, Chapelain of the Commandery, he is, at his death in 1271, buried in the chapel of Fontenotte.

Three years later, Jean, his older brother, confirms some donations he makes to the Templar establishment and more particularly to Henri de Dole, commander: woods near the commandery, and still grazing rights on the whole finage Spoy.

It will be understood, the Templars accumulate in Fontenotte an important agricultural and forest area from which they derive the benefits and various tithes spread over Til-Châtel, Spoy and Pichanges, of course, but also Lux, Gemeaux, and Saint-Julien, to the gates of the ducal capital.

The other descendants then confirmed the donation, as here in 1278:

We can read on this document:
«Our Guiz de Trichatel archdeacon of Tonnerois in the church of Langres and lords of Pichanges. . .
let everyone know what will read. . .
my fathers made to God and brothers of the chivalry of the Temple. . . “

Fontenotte was built around a central courtyard with various residential buildings, hangar, barn, stables building square, tower, a chapel dedicated to St. Petronilla and St. Peregrine, and a fence wall.
The building currently used as a barn is large and elevated and appears to have been a clumsy house.
The chapel opens on a house at right angle. with a round stair tower in the inner corner.

In the 1960s, the chapel was dismantled and reassembled stone by stone identical to the Rente Saint Joseph on the heights of Dijon, the field of the Sheepfold, Corcelles road. (see GC6GQQK: TTBERG On the trail of the Knights Templar – La Bergerie)

Fontenotte takes its name from the many sources that come close to it; sources which, as indicated by the remains of the aqueduct which were discovered, fed the old town of Ogne disappeared, and now feed the village of Lux.

Until the beginning of the 20th century, the mothers of Til-Châtel, Gemeaux, Lux came to Fontenotte to evoke Saint Petronille for their feverish children. They spread the nappies of the sick child on the water. If they ran to the bottom the poor mother knew that her mourning clothes had to be prepared.

https://www.petit-patrimoine.com/fiche-petit-patrimoine.php?id_pp=21231_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petronilla

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Burial_of_St._Petronilla

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6GQQK_ttberg-sur-la-trace-des-templiers-la-bergerie

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6GT56_ttfont-sur-la-trace-des-templiers-fontenotte&prev=search

https://rosamondpress.com/2011/08/10/254/

https://rosamondpress.com/2016/07/19/rougemont-family-templars-worshipped-at-fontenotte/

https://rosamondpress.com/2018/06/27/jean-rougemont-gonfalonier/

The Gonfaloniere was the holder of a highly prestigious communal office in medieval and Renaissance Italy, notably in Florence and the Papal States. The name derives from gonfalone, the term used for the banners of such communes.

In Florence, the office was known as Gonfaloniere of Justice and was held by one of the nine citizens selected by the drawing lots every two months, who formed the city’s government, or Signoria. In the papal states, it was known as Gonfaloniere of the Church or Papal Gonfaloniere. Other central and northern Italian communes, from Spoleto to the County of Savoy, elected or appointed gonfalonieri. The Bentivoglio family of Bologna aspired to this office during the sixteenth century. However, by the year 1622, when Artemisia Gentileschi painted a portrait of Pietro Gentile as a gonfaloniere of Bologna, with the gonfalone in the background, the office had merely symbolic value.

Jean Gonfalonier of the Burgundy County of ROUGEMONT, Chevalier, co-founder of Rougemont, lord of Til-Châtel and Rougemont, De Rougemont

Print Family TreeFamily Tree Print

Sosa : 2,905,724Sosa: 2,905,724

  • Deceased after 1411 Deceased after 1411

 ParentsParents

 Spouses, children , grandchildrenand great-grandchildrenSpouses, Children , Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren

About Royal Rosamond Press

I am an artist, a writer, and a theologian.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.