Mark On My Forehead

Greek2 Greek3 greek6 greek7 greek8 greek9

Rosemary said I used to beat my head against the wall in a room by myself. When she came in and tried to stop me, I would throw a fit. When she left I would go back to sitting cross-legged and hitting my head. For years there was a bump and a scar that looks like it was taken out of my school photo.

Near the Fred Finch Orphanage were built two beautiful temples. In the divine view of a child healer I understood what was going on on a level few can comprehend.  The great spiritual movers and shakers never get the credit they deserve, and thus only a few seek attention. When they do, it is for a very good reason. Meher Baba owned a spiritual injury on his forehead given by a homeless man who lived in filth.

My great grandparents had a fruit farm in Fruit Vale, a city that later became a part of Oakland. The old B&W is Dimond Ave.. The Finch orphanage is off Lincoln. I would take a rest here and look down on the children at play. My hypnotherapist said I learned to hypnotize myself when young in order to escape the pain. I made a healing agreement with Sandra when we were children. Did she see me sitting on the hill?

Temples and churches are built in hope angels will come and find a home in them. Christianity was built upon the idea that feeding the poor, and taking care of the orphans. was the Godly thing to do. Do these things and you will know God. Now, we have mega churches who back super candidates. Some of them are filthy rich. I will be titled ‘Insane’ for posting this.

Whoever, being a original hippie who became a follower of Meher Baba in 1967, I might be excused, along with the fact I took LSD and was hooked up to Tim Scully’s bio-feedback machine. The real hippies were about healing one another and the planet. Peter Townsend was a Baba Lover.

Jon Presco

kitty3 Greg 1955 School Portrait

Traditionally, the area between the eyebrows (where the bindi is placed) is said to be the sixth chakra, ajna, the seat of “concealed wisdom”. The bindi is said to retain energy and strengthen concentration.[1] The bindi also represents the third eye.[2] The Nasadiya Sukta of the Rig Veda, the earliest known Sanskrit text, mentions the word vindu/bindu.

Townshend came up with the concept of Tommy after being introduced to the work of Meher Baba, and attempted to translate Baba’s teachings into music. Recording on the album began in September 1968, but took six months to complete as material needed to be arranged and re-recorded in the studio.

“I then felt drawn to walk to the nearby temple of Khandoba in which Maharaj (Shri Upasni Maharaj) was staying in seclusion. He had been living on water there under Sai Baba’s direct guidance for over three years. At that time Maharaj was reduced almost to a skeleton due to his fast on water. He was also naked and surrounded by filth.

When I came near enough to him, Maharaj greeted me, so to speak, with a stone which he threw at me with great force. It struck me on my forehead exactly where Babajan had kissed me, hitting with such force that it drew blood. The mark of that injury is still on my forehead. But that blow from Maharaj was the stroke of dnyan (Marefat of Haqiqat, or divine knowledge).

Figuratively, Maharaj had started to rouse me from “sound sleep”. But in sound sleep man is unconscious, while I, being superconscious, was wide awake in sound sleep. With that stroke, Maharaj had begun to help me return to ordinary consciousness of the realm of illusion.

That was the beginning of my present infinite suffering in illusion which I experience simultaneously with my infinite bliss in reality. But it took me seven years of acute struggle under Maharaj’s active guidance to return completely to, and become established in, normal human consciousness of the illusion of duality, while yet experiencing continuously my superconsciousness.

The more normally conscious I became, the more acute my suffering grew. For years therefore I continued to knock my head frequently on stones. That was how I eventually lost all my teeth, for through the constant knocking they became prematurely loose. This also resulted in a wound which was constantly fresh, and therefore I always used to keep a colored handkerchief tied around my forehead.

The more I returned to worldly normality the more impatient my mother became to see me settled into the routine of life. To satisfy her I joined the Kan (Kavasji) Khatan theatrical company as its manager (1916) and traveled with the show to Lahore.

Several years later, after becoming almost three-fourths normally conscious while retaining full superconsciousness, I went to Sakori and stayed for six months (July-December, 1921) near Maharaj. At the end of this period Maharaj made me know fully what I am, just as Babajan had made me feel in a flash what I am.

During those six months Maharaj and I used to sit near each other in a hut behind closed doors almost every night. On one such occasion Maharaj folded his hands to me and said, “Merwan, you are the Avatar and I salute you”.

For about four months after this (January-May, 1922) I stayed in a small jhopdi (thatched nut). It was built for me temporarily on the edge of some fields in the very thinly populated area of what is now the Shivajinagar area of Poona. In this manner I began to live independently, surrounded by men who formed the nucleus of the mandali. One of these was the first to start addressing me as “Baba” [literally “compassionate father”].

Some of the men were drawn intuitively to me long before they had any clear idea of my inner state. Others were attracted to me by hints from Babajan and Maharaj. And still others I drew directly to me.

At that time both Babajan and Maharaj began telling various people, referring to me, that “The child is now capable of moving the whole world at a sign from his finger.” Once (May, 1922) Maharaj addressed a large gathering of the mandali and said, “Listen to me most carefully. I have handed over my key (spiritual charge) now to Merwan, and henceforth you are all to stick to him and do as he instructs you. With God’s grace you will soon reach the goal.” Still others, Maharaj asked individually to follow me.

The Greek Orthodox Christian community of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Ascension in Oakland, California, is located at 4700 Lincoln Avenue, next door to Oakland’s Mormon Temple. The original community, formed in 1917, worshiped in a rented hall until it built the first Greek Orthodox church in the East Bay.

The Oakland California Temple (formerly the Oakland Temple) is the 15th constructed and 13th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). The temple was announced on May 26, 1962, and dedicated on November 19, 1964,$40704078$RE_1


About Royal Rosamond Press

I am an artist, a writer, and a theologian.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Mark On My Forehead

  1. Reblogged this on Rosamond Press and commented:

    I talked with Sandra every day until she deliberatly overdosed after saving up her morphine. There was noting left of her as I watched the coroner take her out in a bodybag. She came up to me and told me what my dear adopted sister had done. I was sending her healing light everyday. Her brother was not there for her.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.