Jeanne de Rougemont/Rosemont, is the Queen Mother of most European Queens. She is the ‘Rose of the World’ that is on the verge of war with Tzar Putin of the ‘Night Wolves’. Jeanne (John) is at the apex of European Culture. She is the Divine Feminine. Denis de Rougemont, the co-founder of the European Union, may be her kin, as well as my kin.
Jon the Nazarite
Lordship of the Rosemont
Go to: navigation, Search
This article is a draft history.
You can share your knowledge by improving (how?) according to the recommendations of the corresponding projects.
See the list of tasks to be performed in talk page.
Ruins of the castle of the Rosemont
47 ° 45′ 41″ N 6 ° 51′ 47″ E
The Lordship of Rosemont (German Rosenfels) was a stronghold whose capital was, from its origin, located in the castle of the Rosemont, which can still be seen the ruins to Vescemont, in the North of the Territoire de Belfort. It was bordered to the North by the Massif des Vosges.
Timeline[change the code]
From the Gallo-Roman period, a road linking the countries of the Lingones in theAlsace passed at the foot of the Vosges. A diverticulum linking this road to the Moselle Valley would have passed through Valley Riervescemont and particularly in its narrowest point, at the foot of a glacial lock overlooking the passage and the Rosemontoise, which could have surmounted by a tower until there was built the castle of the Rosemont.
XIe century constitution of the Lordship by Monsoon Louis, count of Montbéliard. It is likely at this time that was built the Castle housing a representative County lieutenant.
The lordship has three councils: ##Town Hall of Burg or Val : villages of lime, Giromagny Grosmagny, Lachapelle-sous-Chaux, Lepuix-Gy, Rougegoutte, Sermamagny, Vescemont and the Rosemont Castle.
##Town Hall of Evette : Cherel, Essert, Évette-Salbert and Valdoie villages
##Mairie de Banvillars : Argiésans Banvillars to Urcerey villages
1333 Lordship goes to the count of Ferrette and the House of Austria in 1347.
##1351 Albert of Austria, Lord of the Rosemont acquires Meroux and Vézelois ‘s sister-in-law Ursule de Ferrette and adds them to the lordship as a new town hall.
##1354 the villages of Étueffont, Anjoutey and Petitmagny are detached from the lordship of Rougemont and incorporated into that of the Rosemont.
##1525 the War of peasants broke out: a certain Jean André, of lime, leads a band of Rosemontois revolted against the haves and exploiters.
XVIe century is the development of the mining industry: lead, copper but especially silver are extracted from mines Giromagny and Lepuix and melted through the wood from the forests of Rosemont. This industrial vocation will continue until our days.
The song of the Rosemont[change the code]
This old ballad, Sung in franc-Comtois, celebrates the memory of Genery (or Jean Neury) and Richard Prévôt (leader of a troop of peasants who took part in the War of peasants having stirred the Germanic world in 1525.
Vescemont Genery co, that Due boute it in glory
Al o vortchie Jason tros, tros neus por rassembia his world
Al o vortchie…
Adue veu saying, Reucha Preveux, veus that veute bonnire.
Nezu ans layi there inside Tcha Tcha the djeulie inside
Where i was five hundred laichie pedestrians por vadjai the bonnire.
Forfeit the breutche di Vadeau neu rancontans from mires
And both pedestrians than cavailies neuz fifteen thousand etins
Detchassie vos, cos of of Befo por Pesach the Rajen.
Who does will Pesach lou bridge pessrant in the Rajen.
Regaidje HA, regaidje be, not its Kemi panre que
Al-tirie in counter-va, lai deve worse croux
Fallen neuz year included the pridje Ainans breutche
TOS the pos and tos motons, tote the boirdgerie.
Al have piqua is tchouva moirat por satai lai barire
Its a tchu in embroidery, no. voyu the recudre tchapai
TOS lais dgens Djeromingny tchaulin the andges Cally
And tos Serminmingny brelin Cally of the tchivres EC
Is it avint Pesach poi Angeot, income poi Layla
TOS afants di Rosemont is rint avu tos of the dass.
Here is a translation into french of the XIXe century.
It is Jean Neury Vescemont, God boute it in glory
He walked three days and three nights to gather his world.
That God keeps you Richard Prévost! Where is your banner?
We left it in lime, in the pretty lime.
Where we left five hundred pedestrians to keep the banner.
On the deck of Valdoie we meet gentlemen.
And many pedestrians that riders we were fifteen thousand.
Take you off cocks of Belfort, to iron River.
Those who do not return the bridge, return to the river.
They look up, they look down, don’t know what path to take.
They took in contrevau, on the side of the stone cross.
On the Ainans bridge, we got back our property.
All the pigs, all sheep, the sheepfold.
They have spurred their grey horses to jump the barrier.
A hat fell back, we wanted to make it them.
All people of Giromagny sang like angels.
All the people of Sermamagny hollering as goats.
If they had gone through Angeot and they returned by Larivière,
All children of the Rosemont would become the Lords.
The name “Chapel” is the direct transcription in french from the latin “capella” diminutive “cappa” which means coat hooded.
“Cappa” gave birth to several french names: cape, Cap, hood, Capuchin, but also hat, Rosary, Hatter, chaperone…
When for “capella”, this name means the origin, and specifically, the coat of Saint Martin. Sliced and then shared with the poor, the mantle of the soldier monk becomes object of devotion and outlined in the lateral part of the Church’s Tower.
To enable the faithful to gather, a small altar is located, and by simplification, this place of worship was renamed “capella”. Subsequently, the name takes on a broader meaning designating first the oratories and secondary altars installed in churches and then, more generally, the small buildings of worship.
The chapel under lime owes its name and its origin to a chapel.
probably the Xth century, in the middle of homes scattered dependent on the parish of lime, is built a chapel. It facilitates the devotions of the faithful, gives a certain unity to this group of scattered homes and, finally, gives his first name: “capella” frenchified “capelle” then “Chapel”, before be germanized in the XIVth century “capelen” or “kapelen” when the village became possession of the House of Austria.
In 1347, the Countess la comtesse Jeanne Jeanne de Montbéliard, Marchioness of Baden, shares his property.
The chapel goes to his daughter Jeannette, wife of Archduke Albert II of Austria.
Albert and Jeannette have another village called “kapelen”, in this case the chapel in rougemont.
To differentiate the two communes “The chapel” becomes “kappelstcha”, in french “Chapel under lime, an appellation found by the village permanently after 1648 and treated of Westphalia who see the annexation of Alsace to the Kingdom of France, as all the villages of the ancient Lordship of the Rosemont, becoming property of the Mazarin.”
Meanwhile, XVIth century and in relation to the growth village, Chapel was transformed into a church dedicated to St Vincent.
Lachapelle under lime history is inseparable from that of the lordship of the Rosemont (in German Rosenfels) and our neighbour lime.
It is therefore essential to give a fairly accurate overview of the history of the Rosemont.
Lachapelle, of XIth century until the revolution of 1789, has been party continuously from the vicissitudes of the Rosemont.
From the Gallo-Roman period, a road linking the countries of the Lingones (Langres) in Alsace passed at the foot of the Vosges. A diverticulum linking this road to the Moselle Valley would have passed through Valley Riervescemont and particularly in its narrowest point, at the foot of a glacial lock overlooking the passage and the Rosemontoise, which could have surmounted by a tower until there was built the castle of the Rosemont.
Furthermore Auxelles existed already at the time of the Roman domination (in latin axellae of axis, boards).
A Roman road, left unfinished was to connect Auxelles in Offemont.
XIe century the lordship is made by Louis of monsoon, count of Montbéliard, Altkirch and Ferrette.
It is likely at this time that was built the Castle housing a representative County lieutenant.
The lordship the Rosemont contains three municipalities:
•Town Hall of Burg or Val : villages of lime, Giromagny, Grosmagny, Lachapelle lime Lepuix-Gy, Rougegoutte, Sermamagny, Vescemont and the Rosemont Castle.
• Town Hall of Evette : villages of Cherel, Essert, Evette-Salbert and Valdoie.
• Banvillars Town Hall : villages of Banvillars Argiésans and Urcerey.
Renaud of Burgundy, died 10 March 1321.
His eldest daughter, Joan, widow of the count of Ferrette to the Marquis of Baden remarried, inherited the lordship of Belfort and its dependency.
To the populations of the Rosemont made allegiance to the Marquis of Baden.
It dying, his widow to her a second time, the domain of the Rosemont was attributed to his daughter, Jeannette, wife of Albert II Archduke of Austria.
In 1333 the lordship goes to the County of Ferrette and the House of Austria in 1347.
In 1351 Albert of Austria, Lord of the Rosemont acquires Meroux and sister-in-law Ursule de Ferrette Vézelois and adds them to the lordship as a new town hall.
In 1354 the villages of Étueffont top and bottom, Anjoutey and Petitmagny are detached from the lordship of Rougemont and incorporated into that of the Rosemont.
< > (1)
The Archdukes, despite their large possessions, frequently had recourse to the commitment of their fields to get money.
The Rosemont had especially this spell. In 1360, is Pierre de Bollwiller was given in engagement with faculty of redemption. In 1363, was to Marguerite of Baden that he belonged to the same title. In 1447 Erkinger de Hugenhoven, in 1450 to Pierre de Morimont, in 1456 to Guntzmann of Brinighoffen, in 1457 to Rodolphe de Sultzet and 1459 back to Pierre de Morimont.
< > (1)
< > (1)
< > (1)
(1) Mr. Liblín monograph published in 1871 in the Revue d’Alsace.
In 1444, these are the armies of the King of France who invade the Rosemont, called by the Archduke Sigismond in war against the Swiss. The Rosemontois were reduced to misery and despair. In 1445, they revolted and defeated the enemy, he expelled them.
In 1525 the War of peasants led by Jean Neury of Vescemont and Richard provost of lime, invest Belfort and above all, to recover “all the pigs, all sheep, all the vacherie..” that the clergy and the nobility had confiscated them. Perhaps would they of “pass through Angeot”, to get to the Priory of Saint-Nicolas where the loot would have been much more important.
At that time lime had more inhabitants than Giromagny and probably more inhabitants than Belfort (excluding garrison). Guerre des paysans
In 1525. still, 400 Rosemontois, led by Jean André de Chaux, invested Belfort, imposed a contribution of 150 pounds Basel chapter of the collegiate church, and then went on the Priory of Fransisco they plundered. They drove up to Montbéliard where they “imposed” the chapter of Saint-Maimbœuf of 200 pounds.
L a revolt of the peasants in 1525 ended with the crash of the insurgents in Altkirch, Wattviller, Habshein, and Rixheim. Jean André of lime was arrested in Plombieres by people of the sire of Ribeaupierre (which can still be seen the ruins of the castle above Ribeauvillé) and delivered to the sire Morimont in Belfort and probably hanged.
In 1590, the chapel was incorporated into the chapter of Belfort. She was part of the deanery of Grange and was placed under the invocation of Saint-Vincent.
The beginning of the XVIIth century is very eventful. The thirty years war (1618-1648) against Catholics (Habsburg) and Protestants (Princes Germans) . The conflict takes a European dimension .
The fall of 1632, the army of the Swedish King Gustave Adolphe enters Alsace and reduced to smithereens Austrian strongholds.
The Swedish garrison in Belfort ascended the Valley of the tasty, completely destroyed Sermamagny and held siege to the Rosemont. The countryside was devastated by the Swedes and gangs of looters. They are kidnapping people from our villages, slaughtered them. At least resistance they raped women and girls.
In December 1632, after the surrender of Altkirch and Ferrette and Belfort to the Swedish army, 4,000 Rosemontois and runaways gathered and marched on Altkirch and Ferrette, where they massacred the Swedish garrison.
Pursued in their retirement by Rhingrave Othon, they were massacred between Perugia and Danjoutin.Vézelois was burned. There are constructions of this time that the Tower of the Church, breakthrough on the ground floor of embrasures, walled today, but by which debris from shipping defended themselves with some success.
The women and children of the villages had taken refuge in the mountains.
The Swedes pursued them, found them and massacred them (400 to 600 depending on the tradition) at a place called today called the Board of beautiful girls.
In March 1634, a Swedish troupe of 40 riders took the cattle of Giromagny.
A young man from the village, Oriel (or Oriez), with a dozen of his successful friends, by ruse, to recover the cattle and beat the Swedish group.
Subsequently, increasing its workforce, he assured somehow a font of campaigns.
He managed even to grab hold of a Swedish Belfort Governor which netted him a beautiful ransom.
In September 1634, with 300 men it took a french officer sent to take possession of Belfort (following a treaty between the King of France and Swedish), staying at the convent of Capuchins (at the location of the parking lot of the Maison des Arts).
It him subtilisa his certification papers and sent them to the Emperor of Austria, that falling into the Panel, ordered his representative in Alsace to Belfort at Oriel that he believed sent by the King of France.
Oriel took the city of Belfort, slaughtered the entire French garrison in sparing the Germans and the Swedes. Subsequently, with the Austrians, he continued the war throughout the region, cheerfully slaughtering protestants who took it to his friends the Capuchins of Belfort.
He was a leader of war until 1636 as evidenced by a letter from cardinal Richelieu to the Marshal of the Force, Chief of the French troops in Alsace: “King wants on hunting Odongo (or Oriel) places it occupied…”. ». Later he took the habit of the Capuchins in a convent near Porrentruy.
The reaction of the Swedish army was terrible. The troops of peasants many but only armed of false and sticks, leaderless, forks were gradually massacred. Nearly 3,000 peasants died in Blotzheim and 1,600 in Dannemarie. 3,000 peasants from Vézelois and surroundings were killed between Danjoutin and Perugia. These are the figures transmitted by oral tradition, they are probably greatly exaggerated. Attente fields of pre war, near Vézelois the Massacre was the place of the massacre.
A number of insurgents, 60, took refuge in the Vézelois Church where it shows still some traces of the fighting. (popular belief)
The insurgency was broken, everything was ravaged, famine developed and a plague epidemic completed the work of destruction. Whole villages had disappeared, some permanently.
The castle of the Rosemont was soon bombed and reduced to the State of ruins, as it still is today.
October 24, 1648, the Treaty of Westphalia, signed in Münster and Osnabrück, put an end, in the Germanic area, to the complex war of thirty years which has engulfed the Empire then the whole of Europe. They mark a major historical turning point, endorsing the final failures of the project of the Habsburgs of universal domination and the reunited Christendom dream promoted by the Catholic emperors and Popes.
The talks of Münster by Bartholomeus van der Helst.
It is difficult to imagine the impact of the thirty years war on our region. Eastern, Lorraine, part of the Alsace and Franche Comte saw its population decimated to the point that 20 years after the end of the war the country was more than a desert. Several village territory no longer exist since that time. Sermamagny is the only example of village completely destroyed at the time and existing still.
In thirty years our region changed 5 times of occupants and Belfort suffered 6 seats.
After 1648, Lachapelle under lime fell in the field of the Duke of Mazarin and his successors, whose village was until the revolution.
The following coat of arms are attributed to him in the armorial of France:
“De sable an Eagle of gold (with spread wings)”.
In 1653, County of the Suze became an opponent of Louis XIV, the King’s troops besieged Belfort and plundered the area for the seventh time since the beginning of the century.
The region was less restless during the XVIIIth century.
The development of mines to Auxelles and Giromagny of Metallurgy in Belfort (district of the Forges and furnace) enabled a progressive development of the region.
Lachapelle under lime had 600 inhabitants in 1720, and more than 2000 in 1750.
A note that this is an artisan of Giromagny, Chapuis, which, at this time, realized the grids of the choirs of St. Kitts.