Tower of Eight Beauties

I was sent the genealogy of one of the gentleman standing in front of Arginy castle, and the ‘Tower of Eight Beauties’. He asked me if I was kin to the Rosemont family.

Jon Presco

The oldest part of the castle is a tower, the “Tower of the Eight
Beauties”. Constructed in red bricks, its walls are more than one
metre thick.


The first organised search of the treasure trove left by de Beaujeu
was organised by one of his descendants, Anne de Beaujeu. She talked
about “very old documents that testified about the presence of a
major and historical depot”. The men entering the underground network
of tunnels were decimated by traps that had probably been put in
place by Count de Beaujeu. Anne de Beaujeu eventually gave up and had
the entrance to the underground network sealed off.

In 1914, the new owner of the castle, Duke Pierre de Rosemont, felt
the time was ripe for a new enterprise. After breaking down the wall
that Anne de Beaujeu had built, the Duke opened the entrance to the
underground caverns. One of his workmen, however, had his legs
crushed when he was hit by two stone balls that rolled out of a wall
another trap installed so many centuries earlier. De Rosemont decided
to change his tactics and opted for safer methods. After some
scouting of his own, de Rosemont discovered a hole that led
downwards, so he decided to try to reach the treasure on his own.

One of the Duke’s descendants claims to have excellent evidence
concluding that Pierre de Rosemont was able to gain access to the
tomb of Camus said to be very close to the secret treasure of the
Knights Templars. Apparently, though, having almost reached his goal,
the Duke was struck by violent blows and cries emanating from below,
balls of mauve fire encircling the room and strange odours and
visions. When the water began to rise mysteriously, he decided to
retreat as quickly as he could. Upon reaching the surface, he decided
never to return, so he made sure that no one would ever discover the
hole through which he had reached the underground network.

The oldest part of the castle is a tower, the “Tower of the Eight
Beauties”. Constructed in red bricks, its walls are more than one
metre thick. It appears circular from the outside, but inside, on the
first floor, the tower becomes octagonal. At the top are eight
openings that appear to have no functional use. It is also known as
the “Tower of Alchemy”, for the walls were once covered with
alchemical symbols. Though these symbols are almost invisible today,
but we have photographic records of them in our possession.

It was towards this tower that two of the greatest alchemists of our
age set course: Eugene Canselier and Armand Barbault, the author
of “Gold of a Thousand Mornings”. Their visit to the castle was not a
tourist outing, instead, Barbault and his wife stayed there for
several weeks in the company of the now infamous Jacques Breyer.

In 1950, a mysterious English colonel came to Arginy and asked
whether the owner, Gilbert Marie Jacques de Chambrun d’Uxeloup de
Rosemont, was willing to sell the estate for no less than one hundred
million French francs. De Rosemont flatly refused. Two years later,
he and Jacques Breyer decided to have another go at discovering the
treasure of Arginy.

Arginy, is located on the territory of the municipality of Charentay (Rhone).The castle, isolated in the plains between the Saone and the Beaujolais, seems to spring from the Middle Ages. Flanked by several towers and two drawbridges, surrounded by heavy water and green, he probably saw successively pass the Templars, the Lords of the Renaissance and all the cream of modern esotericism.

At the time of the Gauls, the site was the center of a forest where it operated a salt mine. During the Roman conquest, a lieutenant of Caesar, named Arginusae, built an oppidum in this place, which subsequently took his name. The first red-brick building would last nine centuries. And on its ruins was built a castle in the Middle Ages. On the road to the castle near the Girardi?re which passes the castle, a Roman road indicates the presence of a very old past.

The castle was built in two periods: in the eleventh century – this time there is almost nothing – and in the sixteenth century. Near the tower known as the eight Beatitudes, near the moat, the research allowed to identify the old one into the ground.

In this passage, the remains of two towers belonging to the former defense system have been discovered, and the remains of a bridge of 5.80 meters long. In the eleventh century, the castle seems to have been built small, comprising only three towers and a dungeon.

The farm is located in front of the castle was built at a later time. As for the towers that rise to the drawbridge, they date from the sixteenth century.Who were the original owners of the castle? The regional archives do not remember. But in 1253, Louis de Beaujeu, the lord of the whole valley, chose to leave the family castle and moved to Arginy. His descendants will also Arginy their main residence, Guichard VI Grand in 1295, Edward 1st in 1331, Antoinnette of Beaujeu in 1343. Then some time later appears Vernet family who had some land in the town of Charentay. They will increase their area by acquiring the firm in 1365 Arginy, then in 1388 the castle and all its dependencies.

Throughout the fifteenth century, as successive owners of the premises, Guichard II Vernet (1422), Thomas de Vernet (1430), Jacqueline de Chalon (1453), Thomas de la Bussiere (1485).

In 1533, Claude King Francis Vignolles bought the first right of justice enjoyed by Beaujeu two centuries earlier. The castle was restored and enlarged, then the farm is built.

In 1576, Antoinette Vignolles continued expansion of the field by acquiring more land. In 1883 the family became owner of Rosemont eight hundred acres of land and the castle of Arginy. Rosemont was one of the best families of the French nobility. Their stronghold, in the fourteenth century, was located in Figeac in the Lot.

Interest in Arginy regarding the Temple treasury is related to Master William de Beaujeu, a member of the family which owned the area from the thirteenth to fourteenth century. Guillaume de Beaujeu, as explained in particular Dupuy in his “History of the Templars” of 1653, was originally buried in Saint-Jean d’Acre. Then returned to France, his remains were deposited in the Temple of Paris. Did she then traveled to Arginy through Guichard of Beaujeu? This is where the mystery begins, and the treasure hunt is launched …

This treasure hunt, dates back to the late fifteenth century: Anne of France (Anne de Beaujeu), daughter of Louis XI, had carried out searches in the dungeon of the castle with the hope of finding the treasure of the Templars.

His research, according to tradition, ended tragically. One of his workers who had descended into a pit, suddenly uttered a dreadful cry that per?urent his comrades remained in the open air. The man came out of the gallery, however, about one quarter of an hour later, he walked like a robot, with his skull crushed fragments from which emerged brains.

Arrived in front of his companions, he spread his arms and finally fell. They felt along his body already cold and, finding the latter “diabolical”, refused to resume work to flee in terror.

In 1883, ownership was Arginy Chambrun of Uxeloup Rosemont. Around 1900, Count Pierre de Rosemont began excavations to turn to find the treasure of the Templars. He cleared a vertical gallery in which one of his workmen down at the end of a cable…. His descent ended in an accident just as tragic as before: the man had his foot crushed by a kind of articulated wheel ..

Several years ago, his step-daughter – wife of Jacques de Cham Uxeloup Rosemont (now deceased) – revealed to Breyer and some of her friends that her stepfather had carried out excavations in the castle 1914. However, it would suddenly received “spiritual” to stop his investigations and clog the underground from which he had begun his research.

In fact, Pierre de Rosemont have discovered a mysterious sarcophagus. Breyer, meanwhile, was confident that would happen Rosemont to a room of small dimensions, situated less than 12 meters deep, which would be based in a Baron de Camus and his wife, a trained master of the esoteric Templar initiated the Renaissance, lead author of alchemical graffiti found inside the rooms and on the crest of entry.

Also at the time of Count Pierre, two tragic incidents have also occurred at Arginy. A stranger presented himself at the castle claiming to discover the treasure of the Templars, was found two days later on the roadside, his skull broken. A farmer who undertook clandestine excavations suffered a similar accident: a wheel of his car crushed her head.

In 1950, Jacques de Rosemont, son of Peter and rushed to turn in search of the treasure of the Templars in working with a bulldozer. In vain … That same year, a British officer, representing a British secret society, offered a large sum for the castle to the Earl of Rosemont, who refused to sell. Many were later also those who sought to acquire the domain …

For some, the treasure of the Templars should generally be considered protected by hidden forces unleashing a curse against those who attempt to penetrate the secret. Now the site is by far Arginy deemed as the most dangerous, most inviolable, the most “overlooked”. So the treasure could be buried. Thus, fans of mystery and irrationality are not afraid to wield the syllogism he can consolidate it.

In 1953, when Jacques de Rosemont was still alive, a team of occultists, mediums and investigators determined undertook with the consent and support of Rosemont, to tackle the mystery and its Arginy Templar treasure. There was Jacques Breyer, writer and esotericism, Armand Barbault, alchemist, and his wife, remarkable medium, Maxime Roquemaure, Mr. and Mrs. Michon, Beaujeu, Claude Cariven, filmmaker, Mr. Champion and many others. All these scientists indulged in occult number of experiments spiritualist invocations night, some of which were particularly spectacular. The “contact” was established, it seems, with eleven entities Templar, guarding the treasure, and not willing to indicate access!

Works occult and excavations continued for some time. Then as numerous and varied incidents came the disturbing gradually.One after the other, the visitors left Arginy. The old feudal building soon found silence.

Not for long. All that France has occultists, Hermetics, mediums, magicians and other alchemists marched to Arginy. As researchers illegal, it is virtually impossible to estimate the number how many they were, for thirty years, to enter the field, handling the pendulum or dynamite, sounding every stone, every inch of land back? .. .

In a work as strange and exciting, published in 1973 by Robert Laffont, Time out of time, Gabrielle Carmi, medium and expert in comparative religion Kabbalah, the mystery of Arginy recovery while providing new details on it it. The treasure is a chest containing a collection of parchment making, state capitals of revelations on a variety of subjects, the work of insiders Temple.

However, Arginy has still not officially at least, delivered his secret. So why the craze delivery of researchers from very different backgrounds, to this place? Then there is the document that relates Schiffmann that Jacques de Molay, exposing the unfairness of the trial concluded that there was no hope, either for himself or for the Order. He brought near him, just days before his execution, the Count of Beaujeu, his nephew, “which had long shown a decided to enter the Order, initiated him into the mysteries” and held her remarks obscure.

This document then states: “As soon as Jacques de Molay was expired, Beaujeu proceeded to carry out its commitments. He secured nine knights unfortunate remains escaped the fury of persecution and torture of terror, he mixed his blood with that of his brothers and vowed to spread the Order on the globe as he would be perfect nine architects.

He went to ask the King Philip’s permission to remove the tomb of the Grand Master Grand Master’s coffin Beaujeu his paternal uncle’s predecessor Molay and having obtained it, he went with his brothers in the tomb of the great masters and drove off the coffin that instead of ashes of his uncle the box contained money, which has been mentioned. ” He also
removed the treasures contained in the two columns and transport, all in a safe place. ”

Esotericists and treasure hunters assume that this “place of safety” could be that Arginy Castle, located on the lands of the former estate of Beaujeu. However, it should be noted qu’Arginy was at the time a dependency of the Temple: the real castle was Beaujeu and it will be destroyed by the revolutionaries.

Moreover, if one sticks to the document Schiffmann, how to design “a few days before his execution,” Jacques de Molay had been as easy to receive visitors, initiate, give specific instructions etc.. sans surveillance et en toute libert? ? unattended and freedom? Molay, besides his captors, would be surrounded by spies … How to explain the good grace with which Philip the Fair acceded to the request of the Count of Beaujeu?

No historian has not addressed the reality of the relationship between Jacques de Molay and the Count of Beaujeu.

To our knowledge, the document Schiffmann, was first published in France by John Carpenter in 1945. It could therefore influence Pierre de Rosemont, nor the different researchers in the 1900s. Fewer still Anne of France, who first, performed searches Arginy. Finally, another contradiction, the document makes no reference to the field of Beaujeu. ” Indeed, following the previous quote, it says: “It is likely that is was in Cyprus where the Archimandrit where resided with the Patriarch of the Grand Chapter clerical Order.”

Thus, if one believes the document Schiffmann (provided it is genuine and that its content is not only symbolic) National Treasure should be in Cyprus, probably in Limassol, thesis which was to joined several other historians.

So there is a real mystery: a strong oral tradition, dating from the time of the affair of the Templars, “she Arginy designated as a cache of order, tradition, including the daughter of Louis XI, who knows what average would have known?

About Royal Rosamond Press

I am an artist, a writer, and a theologian.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Tower of Eight Beauties

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.