For two years I have been contemplating a treatment for a movie based upon my experiences with my muse, Rena Easton. After she sent me her infamous letter, my plan was to complete my book ‘Capturing Beauty’ and give her and her husband much of the proceeds. Rena tells me her husband has sustained injuries that might end his career as a rancher. Rena also has been injured, and works as a janitor. She tells me how exhausted she is, and, she is getting old. I saved her when she was seventeen, and want to save her again. My connection to Ian Flemming, and her marriage to British Commodore, Sir Ian Easton, is a shoe-in for a Bondish-like flick. But even more inspired to me, is Ben Affleck is about to sign to do a sequel to ‘The Accontant’ .
The Janitor is about a young woman named Sabrina, who goes to live with her beautiful sister in Washington D.C. who modeled before some of the wealthiest and most powerful women in the world. Monica was approached by the CIA, and became a spy. When Monica got work for Sabrina, and when she walked the runway, she was recruited by a British spy, a member of MX13. Some very wealthy Lords of Parliament were being blackmailed. They were being compromised. Some of them appear to have been murdered. The one thing they had in common, was their grandmothers had been American Citizens. Several maids, or cleaning women were suspects. The thing they had i common, was they danced for the Royal Ballet. They had been trained by a Russian master named Pauline. Some of these cleaning ladies were marrying Russian oil tycoons.
Ben Affleck is in talks with Warner Bros. for a sequel to last year’s action-thriller “The Accountant.”
The studio is also in negotiations to bring back screenwriter Bill Dubuque, director Gavin O’Connor, and producers Lynette Howell Taylor and Mark Williams for the untitled project.
“The Accountant” also starred Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Tambor, John Lithgow, and Cynthia Addai-Robinson. The storyline followed a small-town certified public accountant with high-functioning autism who makes his living uncooking the books of criminal organizations.
Deputy Sheriff, Dan Mayland, owns one of the strangest incidents in the history of police work. One dark evening, Rena Easton entered the Sheriff’s Office in Bozeman Montana, and emptied the contents of a brown paper bag on the counter of the Justice Center. Rena demanded Justice. Deputy Dan was looking at my letter to my Lost Flame, torn in myriad bits. She then whipped out a copy of my letter that she duplicated from memory. The piece de resistance’ was the copy of the letter she composed on Christmas Eve, and sent to me. It was written in her perfect way. She is like a human typewriter. None of the letter, touch. The blue paper, is lined.
Dan told me this when he called me in Oregon and said Rena filed a stalking order against me. I asked him if Rena called before she came in. She did not. She came in cold, with her evidence. I asked Dan if he thought her advanced memory and cognitive skills was believable to him.
“How do you know that is what I wrote her, and, she did not make it up? I would have to see her copy. And, what about her letter to me. Do you believe a ballerina for the Royal Academy would end up being a Janitor? Do you know her alleged husband?”
“No. We never met.”
“Did you find anything in my alleged letter that was alarming and dangerous?”
Dan would later offer…….
“There’s no accounting for the scorn of a woman. You know how woman are.”
I had to laugh! No! Now man knows what this scorn is, and why. Dan understood I was gazing upon the mountain wild flowers, when I stepped in a bear trap. He knew I was a gonner. No one would hear my cries echoing down to the valley floor. This was no country for crybabies. You’re going to have to take your punishment like a man.
I showed Rena’s letter to Marilyn who was held hostage by her ex-boyfriend, a Native American Artist, who had spent time in prison. He cut her phone line, kicked down her door, and raped her. Marilyn called me from a woman’s shelter. Then, this psycho called me – after I talked to the police. M had dropped her restraining order after he tortured her. He was in her house. They could not remove him. I made threats. He had a crazy friend. I had my friend in Oakland come up and get me. I moved out of the state. Marilyn disappeared for two years.
I have done a lot of work with co-dependency. M and I have talked at length about her allowing herself to be taken Hostage in her relationships. I asked her if she thought Rena was prone to do this because of her childhood abuse. She thought this might be the case. When Rena’s twenty-six year old boyfriend came to take her back to Nebraska, she chose to be with me. They had engaged in dark sex. I was healing her. But, I was like a hostage taker. We lived like outlaws in the woods in a tent. I was homeless. I am reminded of the movie ‘Badlands’.
Rena’s grandmother thanked me for taking good care of her when I called. This abused child was sent to live with her father’s mother, I assume to get her away from her alcoholic father who held Rena and her brother, James, hostage. Because we suffer from PTSD and can not grasp what happened to us, we recreate our abusive environment. We will pick our Jailors. Rena chose well. Her letter is a cry for help. However, you are not supposed to hear that cry. If you offer help in any way, you are going to get it. You will be rebuked. You will become The Villain.
What is amazing, is Dan has made a career ib helping abused children. He come to their rescue. How could he ever forget our letters, that were coauthored by children still held prisoner. Rena never mentioned her mother. The rule is “the mother always knows”. Why didn’t she come to the rescue of her children?
“I have worked as a janitor for thirteen years. It amuses me a little bit that I have become such a red-neck woman. I’m no longer young and pretty. I guess I am something else now. I have a million poems memorized. I can always gage my highs and lows by my focus, and my desire and ability to recite them whilst vacuuming at work. My mind can roam free there, but I do get ever so tired, and bored, lonely as well. I love my boos, Pauline. She is very professional, very tough, but ever so kind. I enjoy manual labor.”
The Movie Begins
Sabrina is vacuuming the office of United Airlines at the Bozeman airport. We can barely make out what she is saying. The camera comes closer. For those in the know Sabrina is reciting ‘The Masque of Anarchy’ by Percy Bysshe Shelly. She is feeling good today, even – chipper. He cadence is perfect. She is harmonizing with her vacuum cleaner that sounds like a bagpipe.
Now there is the music from Swan Lake, and Sabrina is transformed. Dressed in black she is sending powerful leg kicks into the groin of the men who have come to stop her. There is a cadence of groans. There is a faint smile on Sabrina lips as she recalls how badass she was when she was young. She raises her voice!
- Stand ye calm and resolute,
- Like a forest close and mute,
- With folded arms and looks which are
- Weapons of unvanquished war.
- And if then the tyrants dare,
- Let them ride among you there;
- Slash, and stab, and maim and hew;
- What they like, that let them do.
- With folded arms and steady eyes,
- And little fear, and less surprise,
- Look upon them as they slay,
- Till their rage has died away:
- Then they will return with shame,
- To the place from which they came,
- And the blood thus shed will speak
- In hot blushes on their cheek:
- Rise, like lions after slumber
- In unvanquishable number!
- Shake your chains to earth like dew
- Which in sleep had fallen on you:
- Ye are many—they are few!”
Sabrina feels her cellphone vibrating on he beating heart. It is Pauline. She has a cleaning job for her in the Ukraine. She goes into the Janitor’s Closet to change into her international flight outfit. A limousine picks her up. She calls her husband, Wayne Rogers a.k.a. Buck Rogers, and leaves a message telling him she had to work late. The camera pans the house. There is no evidence a man lives there.
In the air, Sabrina begins to recite the essay on Hostage Taking she has committed to memory. There are flashbacks. Landing in Odessa, there is another limousine wafting for her. She prepares herself, goes into he warm-up routine by reciting the janitor job description. This induces an out-of-body experience which allows her to detache. She is just doing her job.
I want Sarah Douglas to play the older Sabrina, but, she must not overact. She should live with Rena for two weeks, and watch her expressions, note the energy she produces. She needs to relearn how to movie her body, and, be a dancer. Rena and Sarah are the same age. With diamond jewelry, Sarah is transformed from an old maid to a wealthy dowager. She is introduced to her understudy played by………………….”
Emotional hostage takers can be your partner, your child, your parents or any person in your life. They can be hard to spot and even harder to cope with. Here are the warning signs to help you identify if you are in an emotionally unhealthy friendship or relationship:
- The person seems like they are your friend but the relationship is very draining on you. They conjure up situations that play off your sense of duty to the relationship. If the emotional hostage taker is afraid you are pulling away, or they don’t want you to do something with other friends, they will become ill, injured, or have a crisis.
- They may be a generally nice person but you have to watch what you say and do. Hostage takers can be easily upset which leaves you with a sense that you are walking on eggshells.
- They seem to have a lot of emergencies. They expect you to drop everything you are doing when they are having one of their countless crises. They may come across as helpless and in desperate need of your help but the situation doesn’t seem as bad as they are reacting.
- They have a way of making you question your perception of what’s going on around you. While the rest of the world seems to trust your judgment, this person tries to make you think you are crazy.
- Your feelings are trivialized but their feelings are positioned much higher in significance.
- Emotional hostage takers have a way of obligating you to the friendship. They may be very sincere sounding and appreciative of your time, devotion and energy but this kindness turns sour if you don’t comply with their plans for you.
- If you let them down, they will be angry and hurt with you. You might not have done anything wrong but they have twisted it somehow and now you must profusely apologize. You might not be clear as to why you are apologizing but you know you had better apologize because the situation is escalating. Emotional hostage takers are masters at laying on the guilt trips. They will increase the amount of guilt until you apologize enough for their liking.
- Hostage takers may hold you captive with charm, praise and attention. They will tell you things like you are the only person who truly understands them. This sounds nice but it will feel like a shackle.
- They can flip on you in an instant and make you feel like you are ungrateful and unappreciative of all their love and their understanding.
- These people usually have a deep seated insecurity and low self-esteem that is masked with a good appearance of confidence.
- If you feel isolated from your family and friends, you may be an emotional hostage. Their need for your friendship keeps you from being available to the other people in your life.
- The hostage takers’ needs and crises have a way of preventing you from going to social events where you can interact with others. It is easier to stay in their company than to have to deal with their negative reactions.
- If you do go to a social event without them, you feel like you have to omit or alter exactly what you’ve done so as not to upset them. They want to know exactly what you do and with whom. If they have disapproval, you will either feel their guilt or the sting of their anger.
- They may even entrust you by placing their well-being in your hands. The emotional hostage taker may threaten self-harm if you try to end the relationship. If they can get you to fall into this trap, this will become their go-to method of holding you captive in the future. It is crucial that you get immediate intervention through therapy for yourself and for them. If the person makes a suicide threat, then call 911. Let the experts handle this.
Page Liked · · Edited ·
After graduating high school Dan attended the University of Wyoming and graduated with a double bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology. He focused on criminal psychopathology, criminology, forensic psychopathology, and forensic psychology. While in college Dan worked at a local ski resort during the winter months and as an equipment operator for a local construction company in the summer months. After graduation, he took a position as the Director of Sales at the ski resort, overseeing ticket sales, retail, ski school, and food services.
In 2005 Dan moved to Gallatin County, sticking close to the mountains and outdoor recreation he loves. He started his law enforcement career in 2009, to make use of his degrees. He chose Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office after extensively researching many departments throughout Montana and discovering that GCSO was a coveted office because they hired and staffed great people with great equipment in a beautiful fast-growing area. He tested for the Detective division in spring 2014 and was successfully promoted to the Property Crimes position. In the fall of 2014, the Crimes against Women and Children position opened and he successfully tested for that position; he took over that position in May of 2015.
Since joining the Sheriff’s Office Dan has been trained in Crisis Intervention Training, FBI Hostage Negotiations, Basic Police Mountain Bike School, Interview and Interrogation Techniques, Death Investigations School, Forensic Experimental Trauma Interview School, Bloodstain Pattern Analysis School, and Missing and Endangered Children Response and Investigation Training, among others. He is currently a certified hostage negotiator for the Gallatin County Sheriff/Bozeman Police Special Response Team, a certified MPAT Proctor and physical fitness coach for the Sheriff’s Office, and bike patrol deputy.
When you’re applying for jobs, there are certain skills that can improve your chances of getting hired for maintenance and janitorial work. Most janitorial jobs don’t require a formal education, and you typically learn on the job. Building maintenance work typically requires a high school diploma, but you also get on-the-job training. However, the more skills and experience you have to offer a potential employer, the better your chances of getting the job.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts average job growth, about 6 percent, over the next several years in the areas of janitorial and building cleaning and general maintenance and repair. The bureau says that the healthcare industry especially will grow, along with the need for these kinds of workers to clean and maintain their medical offices and hospital buildings.
We’ve put together a list of skills employers seek in janitorial and maintenance work. Skills will vary based on the job for which you’re applying, so also review our list of skills listed by job and type of skill.
Janitorial and maintenance work is not only about cleaning. Someone has to organize what work needs to be done and when and where to do it. Cleaning supplies must be tracked, schedules set and records kept.
- Monetary Exchange
- Ordering Supplies
- Record Keeping
These advanced skills can give you an edge in getting work at companies that need more than basic cleaning. As part of a building maintenance team, you’ll be the go-to person to work on minor repairs to structures and special maintenance projects, keeping the building whole and up to date.
- Finishing/Refinishing Floors
Basic Cleaning Skills
In addition to this list of basic cleaning skills, let employers know if you have special knowledge or experience with cleaning supplies. Some employers prefer to use “green” cleaning solutions, for example.
- Chemical Use
- Polishing Furniture
- Washing Floors
- Washing Windows
Many janitorial and maintenance jobs are part of a team of workers, and you’ll all need to get along. In some cases, you’ll also interact directly with a company’s customers, especially if you’re on the job during business hours. And if you have aspirations of rising up the ranks to a supervisory position, great interpersonal skills will help you get there.
- Customer Relations
- Following Instructions
- Interpersonal Skills
Repair and Maintenance Skills
In larger companies, you’ll need to maintain the equipment you use to clean and maintain the buildings and grounds. The skills in this list tell potential employers that you’ll be their go-to person to keep their equipment humming. If you have experience with specific brands of equipment that have special maintenance requirements, by all means, let employers know.
- Building Repair
- Equipment Maintenance
- Electrical Repairs
- Fixing Tools
- Grounds Maintenance
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Repair Electrical Fixtures
- “A lot of it is the result of the growth (in the valley),” he said. “When we look at the local economy, it’s not just tourism that’s driving our numbers, it’s absolutely the people who live here and fly out of here and do work here.”
Cognition is “the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses”. It encompasses processes such as knowledge, attention, memory and working memory, judgment and evaluation, reasoning and “computation“, problem solving and decision making, comprehension and production of language. Human cognition is conscious and unconscious, concrete or abstract, as well as intuitive (like knowledge of a language) and conceptual (like a model of a language). Cognitive processes use existing knowledge and generate new knowledge.
The processes are analyzed from different perspectives within different contexts, notably in the fields of linguistics, anesthesia, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychology, education, philosophy, anthropology, biology, systemics, logic, and computer science.[page needed] These and other different approaches to the analysis of cognition are synthesised in the developing field of cognitive science, a progressively autonomous academic discipline. Within psychology and philosophy, the concept of cognition is closely related to abstract concepts such as mind and intelligence. It encompasses the mental functions, mental processes (thoughts), and states of intelligent entities (humans, collaborative groups, human organizations, highly autonomous machines, and artificial intelligences).
Thus, the term’s usage varies across disciplines; for example, in psychology and cognitive science, “cognition” usually refers to an information processing view of an individual’s psychological functions. It is also used in a branch of social psychology called social cognition to explain attitudes, attribution, and group dynamics. In cognitive psychology and cognitive engineering, cognition is typically assumed to be information processing in a participant’s or operator’s mind or brain.
Cognition can in some specific and abstract sense also be artificial.
Reblogged this on Rosamond Press and commented:
Britain accuses Putin of poisoning his ememy on British soil. The Janitor is anoyed when her phone will not stop rigning.