Since this date, the name of the village east written according to the mood of the scribes and the language employed, Latin or French, Tylicastrum, Trichastel, Trichâteau, Trichâtel, Tilchastel, Tréchâteau, and finally Til-Châtel in 1860, afterhaving been called Mount-on-Bast for the revolutionary period.
“The First Preceptor of La Fontenotte
The fifth son of Guy II of Rougemont and Guillemette de Coublant,
Etienne de Rougemont was lord of Pichanges. In December 1265, having
recalled the donations made to the temple by Aimon IV and Guy II, he
gave to the Templars, with the agreement of his elder brother, Jean,
Lord of Rougemont, the right of pasturage on his lands of Pichanges
and Spoy. He died in 1271 and was buried before the altar in the
chapel of Fontenotte and conferring his Templar rank of Preceptor
After the death of Etienne, Jean de Til-Chatel had to confirm in 1274
the rights of the Templars over Fontenotte. In 1278 his younger
brother, Guy, who had been curate of Til-Chatel in 1242 then
archdeacon of Le Tonnerois in the church of Langres, succeeded him at
the head of the lordship of Pichanges.
In May, 1274, Jean de Rougemont, Marshal of Burgundy legally
recorded “for the repose of his soul and that of his elder brother,
Etienne de Rougemont, who lies in the cemetery of the said Temple,
and of the souls of his forebears”, granted to Henri de Dole,
Commander of the House of Fontenotte:”
About year 407, the kingdom of Burgundy is created by Gondicaire,
Christian barbarian chief come from in addition to the Rhine which
put an end to the Roman occupation. One does not know what occurs in
the village until year 801. At that time it depended on the bishop of
Langres Betto, which this year there, concedes the church of
Tilicastro and its incomes in Augustins de Saint-Etienne of Dijon.
Since this date, the name of the village east written according to
the mood of the scribes and the language employed, Latin or French,
Tylicastrum, Trichastel, Trichâteau, Trichâtel, Tilchastel,
Tréchâteau, and finally Til-Châtel in 1860, afterhaving been called
Mount-on-Bast for the revolutionary period.
Concerned with the bishop of LangLMBO, they drew their origin from
Audon I of Til-Châtel, wire of Garnier count de Troyes attested into
918 by its signature in an act of the duke of Burgundy Richard. This
family, which carried like armorial bearings a key out of stake, also
paid homage to the dukes of Burgundy and held a row raised among the
lords of the duchy and county of Burgundy. Its members followed one
another of wire father until the year 1299 dates to which Isabelle of
Rochefort, girl of Left-handed person of Rochefort lord of Puiset in
Beauce, widow of Guy III of Til-Châtel Gonfalonier of the County of
Burgundy, became injury of Til-Châtel. It remaria with Humbert de
Rougemont about 1306 and Maria her Jeanne daughter whom it had had
with Guy III of Til-Châtel with Thiébaud de Rougemont wire of a first
marriage of her new husband. The seigniory passes then in this family
until the end of the 15° century time to which the last of Rougemont,
not having children yielded the seigniory to Antoine de Baissey
resulting from a family of Montsaugeonnais which immediately paid
homage to the bishop of Langres.
In 1618, not having a descent, the last of Baissey left the ground of
Til-Châtel to his/her beautiful uterine brother Erard of Châtelet
which qualified it marquisat and gave it to his/her Antoine son. Put
in decree for payment of its debts it was acquired in 1663 by the
baron of Housset, in his turn put in decree in 1685. It was then
bought by its widow Marie d’ Aguesseau who in 1703 made of it gift
with her niece Catherine d’ Aguesseau married to Charles Marie de
SaulX, count de Tavannes whose descendants had Til-Châtel until the
Connect of Trichâteau-Bonney Til-châtel is a village of Franche-Comté, located on the Agrippa way between [[Langres)) and Châlon. It s’ is written according to the periods Tylicastrum, Trichastel, Trichâteau, Trichâtel, Tilchastel, Tréchâteau, Mount-on-Bast and finally Til-Châtel. Erard of Châtelet inherited it in 1618 the family Baissey. It l’ set up in marquisat and gave it to his/her Antoine son of Châtelet. VIII. Erard of Châtelet, knight, marquis de Trichâteau, baron de Bonney, of Tunas, Bulgnéville, lord of Champagne Cirey, the Châtillon-in-Vosges and Lomont. He was gentleman of the room of the king Henri III, adviser d’ state, seneshal and marshal of Lorraine and Barrois and governor of Gray. It served the kings Henri III and Henri IV. He married Lucrece Dorsans and had as children: Henri, marquis of Trichâteau, died before his father, married Claude-Francoise de Pouilly Gabrielle Marie, married the count E Saint-Bonnet d’ Escars Antoine who follows Erard, author of the branch of Clémont, hereafter Francois, died in low age Anne, married of Charles de Gournay Gabrielle, married Charles, count d’ Escars, then Charles de Narbonne and finally Georges de Monchy Paule, married Daniel de Ligneville Francoise, married Richard de Serocourt Nicole, lady of Bouxieres Did Charlotte, lady with Remirmont, marry? of Rougemeont Elisabeth, married Cyprien de Montbenne
TILCHATEL or TIL-CHATEL or TILCHSTEL or TRICHASTEAUX
• Aimon I de TILCHATEL
• Aimon II de TILCHATEL
• Audon de TILCHATEL (? – 1027+)
• Audon III de TILCHATEL (? – 1076+)
• Beatrice de TILCHATEL (? – 1300?) ; (de TILCHSTEL)
• Felicie de TILCHATEL
• Guillaume de TILCHATEL (? – 1152+)
• Guy II de TILCHATEL
• Guy I de TILCHATEL (? – 1189?)
• Isabelle de TILCHATEL (TRICHASTEAUX) (by 1240 – ?) ; Dame de GEMEAUX
• Jean de TILCHATEL (TIL-CHATEL) (by 1215 – 1275) ; Marechal de BOURGOGNE
• Marguerite de TILCHATEL
• Otbert de TILCHATEL
Jean de Rougemont, knight, lord of Russey, Trichâtel and Rougemont partly. In 1367 it went, accompanied by four riders, near duke of Burgundy to be useful in its army; at that time he was only knight-graduate. He married Jeanne of Vienna. It a:
Guy who follows,
Marguerite, woman of Mathey de Rye, knight,
Pernette, married in first wedding with Henry de Rye then with Gauthier de Ruppes.
Guy de Rougemont, knight, lord of Russey, Shirt, Mirebel, Montfort, Trichâtel and Rougemont partly. It is quoted in an act of resumption of the castle and borough of Russey in 1395. It tested on October 5 1420. He had married Jeanne de Montaigu. It a:
Thibaud VI which follows,
Alix, second stone wife of Vergy,
Marguerite, first woman of Guillaume d’ Étrabonne, knight, lord of Étrabonne.
Catherine de Rougemont, rams of Rougemont, Trichâtel and Russey. She married in first Charles wedding of Mello, then in second Jean wedding of Neuchâtel. She wrote her will on September 22 1499 while stipulating to want to be buried with the monastery of Cordeliers with Rougemont.
• Used on the Seal of Etienne de Til-Chatel, lord of Pichanges, Preceptor of La Fontenotte. Representation of a dove, facing backwards and grasping an olive branch within its beak.
Humbert IV of Rougemont, (? – 1331), knight, lord de Rougemont, Durnes and Trichatel, buried in the church of the abbey Notre-Dame de Bellevaux. He had married Agnès de Durnes, (? – 1306), buried in the abbey of Bellevaux. It a:
Thibaud V which follows,
Guillaume who made the second branch,
Jean, rider, lord of Durnes and Trichatel partly.
Thibaud V of Rougemont, knight, lord de Rougemont, of Durnes and Trichatel. Quoted with his father in the act of confederation of the lords of Champagne, Burgundy and Forez in 1314, he married Jeanne. It a:
Guillaume who follows,
Marguerite, (? – 1350), woman of Etienne Oiselet, named in a codicil in 1344,
Mahaut, it married Guillaume lord of Montbis, mentioned in a title of the Saint-Paul abbey of Besancon in 1344.
The castle is mentioned for the first time in 1258 in an act signed by Ulrich II of Ferrette with Blumenberg (Florimont). His/her Louis son will become lord of the place besides. On February 9, 1309, the seigniory – of which the castle – is given in stronghold-oblat to the bishop of Basle Otton de Granson by the count Thibaut, brother of Louis de Ferrette-Florimont. The castle has a vault listed in 1309 (see Alsatia munita, of Bernhard Metz).
Florimont: the residence of 1892, style troubadour of which the tower principaleest flanked of a turret of helicoid staircase.
The seigniory marries the same history that of the county of Ferrette and will become “Austrian” in 1324 following the marriage of Jeanne de Ferrette with Albert II of Habsbourg. Very many noble families rent the places with the Austrians. The zum Stein, for example, carry out work with the castle in 1467. In the following decades, the existence of the vault, dedicated to Georges saint, is confirmed.
The castle, also engaged in Reinach and Fugger, profits from work in 1476-1486. In 1577, a fire causes serious damage with the building which, once repaired, undergoes the insults of the soldiers, in 1635 (Thirty year old war).