The French delegation organized in coordination with the international chancelerie the annual assembly in the castle of Bournel, castle of the familly of the Marquis of Moustier.
The Assembly of Knights visited the city of Rougemont and celebrate a prayer in the Church of the Knights of St George .The Assembly of Knights confirmed the election (decided in May 2004) of Louis-François Saumon as Governor General as specify in the status of the 25th of April 1768, indicating that the G.G has to be elected in Rougemont.
Delegates from France, Italy, Eire, Israel and representatives from Japan, Germany, Russia and Kazakistan were presents and introduced their work and projects for 2008~2009.
Noble Order of Saint George of RougemontFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
The Confraternity of the Knights of Saint-George of Burgundy
1.1 Origin (1390)
1.2 The Confraternity (1430-1484)
1.3 The Equestrian Order (1485-1788)
1.4 From the French Revolution to the Abolition (1789-1824)
1.5 From the private association to the Apostolic association (1825~2004)
1.6 The Confraternity of the Knights of Saint-George of Burgundy (2004 – present)
 History Origin (1390)The noble Brotherhood of Saint Georgewas created in 1390 by two gentlemen of Franche-Comté to honor the relics of the megalomartyr that had been brought back from the Holy Land. Philibert de Mollans, squire to the Duke of Burgundy, was its main driving force. His second-in-command, Jehan d’Andelot, was the son of Sir Jean of Andelot-les-Sallins, and of Marie of Usier, Lady of Vaudrey and Rougemont, where lived the precursors and was held the annual chapter.
 The Confraternity (1430-1484)By the time Philip the Good created the Order of the Golden Fleece, on the 10 January 1430, there were 24 holders: after the Grand-Master came immediately His Majesty William III of Vienna, in order of precedence. The governor gathered around 1435 or 1440 a certain number of Knightsto honor the relics in a chapel that he owned close to the city of Rougemont. Then he decided to celebrate every year the day of the St. George, patron saint of the nobility because he had also been a knight, and was often represented riding his horse with a spear.
The qualities required were sixteen quarterings of nobility, catholicreligion, birth in “Franche Comté”, to be sixteen years of age and to donate 300 livre.
The governor general was elected for life by the knights. The other officers were a prelate, a chancellor, a treasurer and two secretaries.
Since then, the most important lords of the region wanted to be accepted in the confraternity and gathered every year at the Chapel of Rougement on April 22, to celebrate the Day of the Saint.
At that time their insignia was a medalof St. George killing the dragon, suspended from a gold chain.
Philip the Good authorised the confraternity to wear the medal suspended from a red ribbon identical to the one of the Golden Fleece.
 The Equestrian Order (1485-1788)The Confraternity was an association of gentlemen of good will who formed at the beginning a “pie Union” but on the request of Philip the Good, in 1485 the pie Union was made canonically into an equestrian order, immediately approved by Pope Innocent VIII.
Already granted prerogatives by Philippe l’Asseure, then by all the Kings of France from Louis XIV to Charles X, the order benefited from special spiritual favours bestowed as much by the Roman pontiffs than by the oriental hierarchs.
In 1648, the Confraternity sat up in the Imperial city of Besançon and not at Dole, then capital of Burgundy. In fact the confraternity took a politicalposition, opposing itself to the Parlement of Dôle.
A room was dedicated to the confraternity in the tower of Montmartin after a decree of the town of Besançon. The Knights of Saint-Georges were the only nobles of the city to benefit from this privilege. Nevertheless, the confraternity also seemed to gather many times at Vesoul, which has St. George for its patron saint.
On the 25 of April 1661, the confraternity gathered at Salin and decided to meet at the convent of the Grands Carmes (Besançon) founded my a fellow member: Jean de Vienne.
After the French conquest in 1668 and the annexation of the Franché-Comte to France, with the Treaty of Nijmegen in 1678, Louis XIVdecided to tolerate the confraternity, despite their resistance to the invaders. The king authorized the knights to wear their medal of St. George suspended this time from a blue moiré (watered) ribbon, identical to the Order of the Holy Spirit; this in order to obtain the support of the local nobility who provided him with soldiers for his army.
Louis XV and Louis XVImaintained the same privileges and even gave their own portraitto the confraternity with the mention “Given by the King to the Knights of Saint-George”. The portraits decorated the room of the convent of the Grands Carmes with the portrait of the Prince of Condé, protector of the order, unfortunately the room was destroyed during the revolution.
The coat of armswere registered in 1696 and during the general assembly on the 25 of April 1768 new statutes were written.